Request a Free Quote. CLICK HERE!
Water is the giver of life, but it can also be one of your greatest enemies. Water leakage can lead to the growth of mold, which can cause much damage to your home or office premises. When mold becomes the breeding ground for irritants and allergens, it can also have long lasting effects on the health of everyone who happens to inhale the microscopic mold spores.
A simple plumbing leak can wreak havoc on your premises in a matter of days, as standing water presents a great environment for mold fungi to thrive. Although a small amount of mold will not hurt most people, mold can multiply rapidly if left unchecked and can cause respiratory problems, allergic reactions and even Nervous system breakdowns. Don’t underestimate the health hazards caused by mold. Allow RGV Household Services 956-587-3487 to expertly attend to your mold problem right away.
Mold and Moisture
Mold thrives particularly well in humid environments, which is why business owners must be particularly vigilant of the risks and how to prevent it. The key to preventing mold is to watch out for plumbing leaks, which causes standing water – even the smallest leak can have devastating effects over time. Mold thrives on water so you must remove any excess and unwanted water. Additionally, you should attempt to keep the humidity factor at 45 or below to prevent mold from growing.
When you notice the tell-tale musty odor of mold around the site of a plumbing leak, it is important to call in the plumber to repair the water leakage promptly, otherwise all your attempts to get rid of the mold will be in vain.
Mold grows rapidly and becomes increasingly more difficult to remove if left unattended. It can travel via the air and tends to stick to all kinds of surfaces, including the ducts and vents of your air conditioning unit. Mold is ever-present and must be addressed as swiftly as possible.